We’ve Got the Answers
Planning on learning new groovy moves? Sign up for the different dance classes we offer at Special Touch Talent Dance in Kettering, Ohio. Continue browsing this page to learn more about us and our dance studio. We’ve gathered common queries from our clients and provided clear and concise answers.
For further inquiries, don’t hesitate to send us an email or give us a call. We’re more than happy to help you!
Why Should I Choose Special Touch Talent Dance?Our studio has been built on the premise that people from all walks of life deserve to be treated with respect, warmth, and appreciation. All of our students regardless of their age or level are taught in a positive manner and encouraged to give their all during classes.
What If My Child Misses a Lesson?It’s important that your child attends attend our weekly lessons. This will ensure that they can keep up with the class material and help build their self-confidence. In the event that your child misses a class, they may attend a comparable class of the same discipline per month so that they can keep up. Ms. Melody will advise you on the available dates and time for make-up classes. Please note that these will only be offered through December due to recital work starting in January.
What Are Your Covid-19 Procedures?All of the rooms have a maximum capacity based upon social distance rules and no classes will exceed the maximum capacity. We will maintain our distance while still dancing and having fun with our friends! Between each class, all ballet barres and surfaces will be disinfected and the floors will be sanitized to make sure each group has a clean room to have class in. Before and after every class, the kids will be using hand sanitizer. The waiting room will be open for one parent per dancer for our kiddos ages 6 and under. This will allow you to be present and assist with shoe changes, etc. We ask that if at all possible, non-dancing siblings do not come to the studio and wait in the waiting room. Space in the waiting room will be very limited with the social distancing of seating. We will require anyone in our waiting room to wear a proper fitting mask while in the building. This will help keep you and everyone around you safe. For all of our families, we will have scheduled peek weeks once per month so that you can come in and observe classes from the waiting area closed-circuit televisions. We know that it is important to be able to watch your child's progress and enjoy them enjoying a little bit of normal. The kitchen will remain closed, so please be sure your dancer brings a labeled full water bottle to class each week. We will have water available at the front desk for sale for $.50 per bottle if you forget. *Due to the ever-changing circumstances with Covid-19, our procedures and guidelines are subject to change.
What Should My Child Wear For Classes?Proper dance attires must be worn by students to ensure their safety and optimum mobility. Girls: Leotards and tights (any style or color) or other regular dancing clothes. Students may also wear Soffe-style shorts or a dance skirt with their leotards. Long hair should be tied back and kept out of the face to ensure their safety. Please don’t wear baggy sweatpants, sweatshirts, T-shirts, or jean shorts because these hide your body lines. Boys: Sweatpants or shorts with a close-fitting shirt tucked in. Under Armour is a great choice for boys.
Can I Observe My Child During Their Classes?COVID-19 OBSERVATION POLICY - All dancers of the age of 6 years and younger may have one parent or guardian in the lobby to watch and wait for your dancer. The waiting room will be open for one parent per dancer for our kiddos ages 6 and under. This will allow you to be present and assist with shoe changes, etc. We ask that if at all possible, non-dancing siblings do not come to the studio and wait in the waiting room. Space in the waiting room will be very limited with the social distancing of seating. We will require anyone in our waiting room to wear a proper fitting mask while in the building. This will help keep you and everyone around you safe. NON-COVID OBSERVATION POLICY: Yes, you can! All visitors are welcome to observe classes via two large closed circuit television in the waiting room. We ask that all parents and visitors do not enter the dance room unless invited by the teachers. Non-dancing siblings must have a parent or other responsible party in the waiting room at all times. Please be courteous, watch your children, clean up after yourself, and keep the noise level down. There are child activity tables, toys, and coloring sheets available to help keep your children occupied.
How Will I Pay?Lessons are charged in installments and are billed through our online system. The first installment will be due in September and the last one will be due in May. All payments are due at the first lesson of the month and a late fee of $10.00 will be added if payment is not received by the 10th calendar day. We are requesting that all families go on the auto payment plans. This will reduce the number of interactions that we have and help maintain social distancing. If you have questions about signing up for this option, please feel free to reach out to us. If you are already enrolled in this option, please make sure your account information is up to date with new expiration dates, etc.
What Are Your Rates?
- 30-Minute Class (Once per Week) – 9 Installments of $37.00 Charged Monthly
- 45-Minute Class (Once per Week) – 9 Installments of $47.00 Charged Monthly
- 1-Hour Class (Once per Week) – 9 Installments of $57.00 Charged Monthly
- 1.5-Hour Class (Once per Week) – 9 Installments of $77.00 Charged Monthly
- Recreational Solo (a 30-Min Class per Week) – 9 Installments of $85.00 Charged Monthly
- 2 Classes per Month = Regular Price and 3+ Classes per Month = 10% Off
*Discount Does Not Apply to Recreational Solo or Duo Work
Costume and Recital Fees
These will be charged in addition to your monthly tuition installment. By using this method, your bill will be all-inclusive without any “extra” fees. You will pay once per month and never be asked for any additional money to participate in recital orcostumes!
- 1st Class per student: 9 monthly installments of $15.00. This includes the recital fee of $65.00 and costume fee of $70.00
- 2nd and additional classes per student: 9 monthly installment of $8.00
- A sample bill for a family with a dancer taking two classes will look as follows:
30-Minute Tap Tuition - $37.00
Recital and Costume Fee - $15.00
2nd Costume Fee - $8.00
Total Bill Each Month = $97.00
- A $25.00 non-refundable enrollment fee is due at the time of registration for all students regardless of level or previous student status.
- Please note, if for any reason an account falls 2 months past due without having a payment arrangement, the dancer will no longer be able to participate in class until the account is brought current.
*All Fees Are non-Refundable
1) A $25.00 non-refundable registration fee per student will be collected at the time of registration. This is payable online. 2) Monthly tuition is the same whether it is a long (5-week) or short (3-week) month regardless of absences. 3) You will be charged for lessons on a monthly basis. Your monthly payment will stay the same unless a class is added or dropped. You will be charged for a full month even if a class is dropped mid-month. If you choose, you may pay for an entire year's lessons upfront and receive a 10% discount. 4) All recreational families are encouraged to enroll in the auto-draft program for payment of tuition. Each family may choose either to use a checking/savings account or credit card to be charged each month. Automatic debits will occur on the 5th day of each month. 5) All accounts 10 days past due will be charged a late fee of $10.00. 6) Please make all checks payable to Special Touch Talent. Please include your dancer's name on the memo line of your check for proper application of payment. You may turn your check in at the desk or, for your convenience, drop your check in the payment box located in the waiting room. 7) All cash payments must be made in a sealed envelope with your dancer's name and what the payment is for written on the outside. Please deposit the sealed envelope into the payment box. 8) In the event that a check is returned from the bank, you will be charged a $25.00 late fee and will be required to pay the amount of the returned check in cash. 9) Credit cards are accepted online as well as in the studio. 10) Once payment is made, no fees are refundable under any circumstance.
Some of our students prefer to wait until other fall activities are finished before starting dance classes. We will always try to be accommodating by holding a place in class until your schedule clears. To do this, simply mail in a deposit equal to your first month’s tuition.
Once this is paid, your spot in the class or classes of your choice will be held for you. After you are able to start dancing your deposit will be applied to your FIRST FULL MONTH of classes. In the event that you start mid-month, we will pro-rate that month's tuition and apply your deposit to the next month. Should you decide not to take class your deposit will be forfeited.